We got him some new train tracks, some much needed jammies, a shark puppet, and Harold the Helicopter (which was his favorite) from Thomas the Tank engine and friends. You see, Thomas LOVES Harold. Harold even has his own "theme song" which Thomas sings. For a "cake" (mom hates to eat actual cake but loves to make creative cakes) I cooked a brownie, cut out progressively smaller circles and stacked them to make the mountain that goes up to the North Pole on the Polar Express. As you can see Thomas drove the "Polar Express" train around the mountain over and over again. (and then ate it) It was a great time!!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Happy 2 1/2 Birthday to Thomas!
Since Thomas' Birthday is in Dec. (too close to Christmas) and he is already bored with his toys, we decided to celebrate his 1/2 birthday. I mean, why not have another reason for a party!? As an activity, we decided to take him back to the zoo-- We went to the zoo a couple weeks ago and bought membership passes for the next year. Thomas LOVES all the animals and can name all of the major ones there. His favorites are, of course, the sharks, the elephants, the tiger and the monkeys. This is a cool pic I took of the elephant with my new camera and then Thomas imitating the elephant.


We got him some new train tracks, some much needed jammies, a shark puppet, and Harold the Helicopter (which was his favorite) from Thomas the Tank engine and friends. You see, Thomas LOVES Harold. Harold even has his own "theme song" which Thomas sings. For a "cake" (mom hates to eat actual cake but loves to make creative cakes) I cooked a brownie, cut out progressively smaller circles and stacked them to make the mountain that goes up to the North Pole on the Polar Express. As you can see Thomas drove the "Polar Express" train around the mountain over and over again. (and then ate it) It was a great time!!
We got him some new train tracks, some much needed jammies, a shark puppet, and Harold the Helicopter (which was his favorite) from Thomas the Tank engine and friends. You see, Thomas LOVES Harold. Harold even has his own "theme song" which Thomas sings. For a "cake" (mom hates to eat actual cake but loves to make creative cakes) I cooked a brownie, cut out progressively smaller circles and stacked them to make the mountain that goes up to the North Pole on the Polar Express. As you can see Thomas drove the "Polar Express" train around the mountain over and over again. (and then ate it) It was a great time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That cake is so creative. For E's 2nd Bday I was just planning on getting these icecream cupcakes from Costco (b/c they look yummy and I love cake/icecream combos) and was going to shape them into a big 2, but now...I may have to rethink.Hope all is well with you.
Your new camera looks amazing! I definitely need to save up for one of those. Did you get passes to the Point Defiance Zoo? We always had them growing up - we loved that zoo!
Great way to re-invent the whole birthday cake idea. I don't really care for cake much either.
Cute idea on the cake! We should start celebrating Karsen's half bday too but that would be the 4th of July for him. It kind of stinks both ways.
Post a Comment