Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Granola Bars in the Conductor's Pocket


Hello, Angela always posts the blogs, but a funny thing happened last night and I thought "I should write this in a blog."
I am the choir director and music faculty at a tiny little community college. Our end of the quarter concert was last night. We share this concert with the choir and band from the other (and bigger) campus of our school. As usual, things were in a crazy rush that day at home and Angela made me a little bit of food to eat on my way to the concert hall. On my way out the door she suggested I also grab a granola bar - so I did. In all the hussle-bussle of preparations for the concert I forgot all about the two granola bars that were in the chest pocket of my tux coat. We opened the concert, things went well, and after listening to the other groups I started for home. Halfway through the drive I felt the two bars in my pocket and laughed at the fact that the bulky, crinkley-wrappered granola bars were in my pocket right along with me up on stage for the whole show. Even though I don't exactly condcut the most prestigious ensemble in the world, it still strikes me as funny that when I was up on stage in a fancy tuxedo as the man in charge I had Thomas' favorite snack, "nola bar," in my pocket! Just goes to show that things are not always what they seem on the surface.
-K

2 comments:

Diane Owen said...

It would have been really funny if one of those granola bars came flying out of your pocket during a heated moment of conducting. That would have been a great story! :) They must not have crinkled too loudly since you didn't notice until you were done. haha.

tsbaer said...

I like how you signed off "K". You ever seen Men in Black? You could be agent K or something..LOL :)

T-Baer